Richard L. Dugger, MAI, CRE
Graduate, Bachelor of Business Administration, with major being finance, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas; 1968
Graduate School, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas; 1968 and 1969
License Number: TX-1321050-G
During 1968 and 1969, he served in the Right-of-Way Association Section for District No. 2 of the Texas Highway Department with district headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. His function was completing staff appraisals, reviewing fee appraisals and establishing a relocation program for families displaced by eminent domain
In 1969, he attended a two-week Real Estate Principles Appraisal Course. In 1971, he attended an advanced residential appraisal course conducted by the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers. He attended advanced capitalization of income courses in the spring of 1973, spring of 1974, and summer of 1975. He was awarded the RM designation by the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers in the spring of 1973. In the spring of 1977, he was awarded the MAI designation by the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers. In 1990, he was awarded the MAI designation by the American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers. In 1990, he was awarded the CRE designation by the American Society of Real Estate Counselors. He has been on the staff of San Antonio College where he has taught Real Estate Appraisal Principles. He has also been on the national faculty staff of the Appraisal Institute being qualified to teach various courses on a national basis. Various appraisal related articles written by Mr. Dugger have been published in national trade journals and periodicals. Mr. Dugger is also a frequent guest speaker for a number of organizations.
Generally his trade area includes South, West, and Central Texas. Appraisals have also been made in New Mexico, California, Tennessee, Georgia, Oklahoma, Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Colorado and South Carolina; since 1993, he has been active in the appraisal of properties in Latin America including Mexico and Honduras.
Presently, and since 1969, Richard L. Dugger has been employed by Valbridge Property Advisors | San Antonio, formerly Dugger, Canaday, Grafe, Inc. He long served as Chairman of the firm Dugger, Canaday, Grafe, Inc. Appraisal experience includes residential, commercial, industrial, farm and ranch lands, and special purpose properties including automobile dealerships, public buildings, aircraft related buildings, properties in Latin America, undivided/fractional interests, etc. Other business interest include farming in Nueces County, livestock and hunting operations in Bexar, Karnes, Val Verde and Bee Counties, and ownership and management of commercial, multi-family, light industrial and special purpose properties.
Clients served include corporations, attorneys, estates, individuals, financial institutions, and governmental agencies. He has been a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Texas since 1972 (License No. 0147916). He is also a State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (License No. TX-1321050-G).
Professional affiliations include the following organizations:
- Active Member, Alamo Kiwanis Club (President for 1997-1998)
- 1995 Chairman, Fiesta Noche del Rio (benefitting The Children’s Shelter and other children’s charities)
- Former Associate Board Member, Southwest Texas Methodist Hospital
- Former Board Member, Kidney Association of San Antonio
- Former Board Member, Harry Jersig Speech and Hearing Center
- Former Trustee, Acacia Fraternity, University of Texas Chapter
- Former Member, The Golden Circle, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
- Former Member, Monte Vista Historical Association
- Member, Real Estate Financial Society, San Antonio Chapter
- Member, Appraisal Institute, Certificate No. 5692
- Member, American Society of Real Estate Counselors, Certificate No. 1288 (President of Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter for 2000)
- Active Member, San Antonio Board of Realtors
- Active Member, International Real Estate Section; National Association of Realtors
- Member, Texas Landowners Council
- Member, International Right of Way Association
- President (1984), American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers, Chapter 29, South Central Region, San Antonio, Texas
- Former President, Counselors of Real Estate, Houston Gulf Coast Chapter